Friday, January 02, 2009

The Colony Palms Hotel



I never really cared much for Palm Springs in the past, but as I have gotten older and appreciate R&R more, Palm Springs is definitely one of the best places to go for that. For New Year’s I tried the Colony Palms Hotel for the first time. I noticed it during my last stay at the Movie Colony Hotel when I was jogging by one morning. The spanish style courtyard and pool intrigued me so I gave it a shot. Somewhat reminiscent of my fave Chateau M in Hollywood, it just slightly misses the mark. Would I stay again? Sure. But am I anxious to return? Not necessarily.



The design is fantastic; the styling (similar to the Chateau) is simple, modern, and vintage all at the same time, with a little Moroccan/Spanish flair here and there.



The look of the Purple Palm Restaurant was pretty hip as well:







So where did it fail for me? Mainly in the area of service; on the plus side, the staff was very friendly. However, I got the feeling at both the front desk and the restaurant that everyone had been recently hired and was still trying to get the lay of the land. I'll definitely give it another shot, but not before I head back to the Chateau this month for my fix. That place is like crack.

See more Colony Palms Hotel photos at my website.

No comments: