Friday, January 09, 2009

Trip to Disneyland: April 1965, Pt. 4



Let’s spend the day in Tomorrowland and enjoy a few of the attractions that are no longer around to enjoy, beginning with the Flying Saucers. When the new DCA revision rumors came out, initially there was talk of resurrecting the Flying Saucers with a Pixar’s “Cars” theme; however, it appears that may have just been a pipe dream. The original Saucers are famous for being a technical nightmare. Hey - I think Junior cracks a smile in this one; he must really be having fun!



Over at the Rocket to the Moon attraction, the kids seem to be wrapped up in the wonders that they are viewing through the peepholes:



I’ll leave you in the care of the Autopia cast members until tomorrow (naturally!) when I’ll resume this 2-part Tomorrowland post.





See more Disneyland Tomorrowland photos at my website.

7 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Wow! That third photograph is amazing! A part of the ride that is almost never documented. I love the circular art pieces on the wall.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Ditto Matterhorn on that 3rd photo, I don't think I've ever seen that!

Ok, are those kids ever going to smile? The boy in the autopia car has a serious "Debbie-Downer" face on!

Unknown said...

Great shots. Let's see...Flying Saucers, check. Rocket to the Moon, check.

All we need now is a Monsanto picture!!!

Anyone know what is displayed inside the spheres?

TokyoMagic! said...

I knew it! I wondered how they could bring back a Flying Saucer type ride when supposedly their lawyers made them slow down the Flik's Fun Fair bumper cars to keep the bumping to a minimum! All the plans for the 1.1 billion are slowly being whittled away at, aren't they?

By the way.....the shots today are fantastic!!!!

Major Pepperidge said...

Great saucer pic, and it's very cool that you could look inside those spheres in the Rocket to the Moon entryway. I never know that!!

The Viewliner Limited said...

Now I Remember!!!!! The spheres at the Moonliner. You could see the solar system, the moon, earth from space. Very, very cool stuff. This is a #1 Dave. Thank you.

Daveland said...

TokyoMagic - I checked with one of my "sources" about Luigi's Tires...as far as they knew, they were still on the radar. However, Disney is being fairly vague in what they are saying publicly, and I didn't even see any mention of it in the Blue Sky Preview Center. Like small world, it will be one of those "wait and see" things, as it will probably be at least 1-2 years before we know anything concrete.