Friday, January 02, 2009

Chicken of the Sea, July 1955



From July 16, 1955 (one day before opening), the Chicken of the Sea "dignitaries" were picked up in grand style at the LAX airport by a customized car. How’s that for fancy?!? In shot #2, I really like this "artsy" silhouette shot of the ship, showing the COTS Maiden herself.



For Rich at I Can Has Pixie Dust (site no longer online), here’s some closeups of KAP; I zoomed in on the eye though, and it doesn’t look like KAP inside of it:





For George, here’s the closeup of the Mickey sign, which unfortunately is still unreadable when zoomed in on:



See more Disneyland Chicken of the Sea restaurant photos at my website.

7 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Aluminum Pigs Scare me Dave and these images are feeding my delusions....

Unknown said...

Dave,

Mickey does look a little sad in that picture...

Is your time machine working? Can you go back and get a better shot with your digital SLR?

Please?

Anonymous said...

I think the sign says "Sorry, this attraction is closed today."

Major Pepperidge said...

I want a full-sized figure of KAP, preferably one that has been in the Kaiser Aluminum exhibit!

Anonymous said...

Major Pepperidge, how about larger than life-sized in the form of one of those funny-shaped barbecue cookers?! Personally, I don't like the taste of funny-shaped barbeque... ;)

The Viewliner Limited said...

Fantastic picture of the COS car Dave. Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Actually, the sign says:
"SORRY... THIS FACILITY CLOSED FOR REFURBISHING"

I've posted a closeup at Sorcerer's Workshop.org:
http://sorcerersworkshop.org/images/Signs/refurbishingsmall.jpg