Friday, April 28, 2023

Atomic Redhead @ The Chateau



Recently I had the pleasure of meeting up with Janey (blogger supreme) at the Chateau Marmont. Almost eight years had passed since I last saw her (at the Disneyland Hatbox Ghost reappearance). The Chateau had been on her bucket list for two reasons: she appreciates all things vintage and Gram Parsons is her favorite musician (she’d already stayed at the Joshua Tree Inn). The weekend she had booked her visit I was going to be in Hollywood for a photo shoot - the perfect storm! We texted back and forth to make our Chateau lunch arrangements, and I was overjoyed to discover that she was staying in a room I’d never been in before. Hallelujah! Naturally, I had to document this momentous occasion. Janey put on a few finishing touches as I prepared to take some photos of her first Chateau Marmont stay.



The Chateau is not everyone’s taste; people’s reactions as they first experience it serve as a litmus test for me. So far, my close friends have fallen in love with it; Janey was no exception.



Finally, Janey emerged, ready for her closeup. I adore her energy and especially her ability to make vintage seem fresh.



Window with a view:



Relaxing in the living room of her suite with her partner, Patrick:



The large Chateau keys are not easily lost.



Janey will be the first to admit this is a completely posed shot. While she appreciates all things vintage, she is no Donna Reed in the kitchen. She focuses her energies and talents into other arenas!



I don’t drink much soda, but with Janey’s winning smile, I would definitely buy a Coke after seeing this shot!



Notice the shock on Patrick’s face as he sees Janey “cooking.”



A Twix bar served as the final choice; she must have burned whatever was simmering in that pot.



I showed the two a few semi-hidden gems in the hotel, beginning with the gym on the seventh floor.



I had never noticed before that this phone is truly vintage, complete with a rotary dial.



The sun was out as Janey relaxed poolside.



The three of us enjoyed a delicious lunch afterwards. Thanks to Patrick for capturing our reunion.



Gram Parsons shot the cover of his GP album in the same room where we dined. Janey pulled back the curtains to see what was behind them.



It was wonderful to meet up again with these two. Hopefully it won’t be another eight years before that happens again. Head over to Janey’s blog NOW to read her beautifully written account of her Chateau stay. She definitely passed the litmus test.

See more Chateau Marmont photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Janey said...

I am SO glad this worked out! Thank you so much for the shoutout, tour, and photos!!!

Fifthrider said...

I love how you guys can appreciate, and re-appreciate every aspect of the Chateau.