Friday, February 17, 2023

The Lord’s Table is Filling Up



The Lord’s Table is beginning to look like a celebrity banquet as 2023 has already taken a heavy toll in less than two months. MGM’s slogan of “More stars than there are in the heavens” has seriously been challenged! After the death of Lisa Loring (Wednesday from “The Addams Family”) and Cindy Williams (the Shirley in “Laverne & Shirley”) somebody wailed, “They’re killing my childhood!”). John Astin is now the last surviving member of the cast from the TV version of “The Addams Family” at age 92.



I don’t have any shots of Burt Bacharach in my collection, so this recently posted shot of Karen Carpenter performing at Disneyland will have to do. I’m sure she was singing one of his compositions, like (They Long to Be) Close to You,” so that makes it ok.



Raquel Welch was the latest to depart. I’m sure she was making a call to negotiate the best table possible. She is shown here with Rex Reed and Farrah Fawcett in “Myra Breckinridge” (1969) which was shot at the Chateau Marmont.



I don’t have any shots of Lisa Marie Presley, either, so her airplane at Graceland will have to suffice. Sorry…I can’t please everyone.



One can’t help but wonder who will be next. I’ll leave you with this clip of one of the best loved TV opening songs ever:



See more classic Movie & TV photos at my main website.

4 comments:

Mark said...

LOVE Karen Carpenter! What a great photo, Dave.
I have a few others from this Disneyland concert on my website.
Thanks for making a rough week better...
Mark
InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I agree Dave. And even more so when they are our contemporaries or at least the 'influencers' of my generation. What is particularly startling is the loss of everyone other than John Astin in that first pic, considering the 'youngsters' who were in the cast. And of course the first name talent that performed during my days working at the Park. Too many losses that I am getting whiplash.

Time to take a walk and enjoy the beautiful weather. KS

Fifthrider said...

Hard to believe Astin is the last. He really stuck it out as did Robert Clary. The placeholder pics make perfect sense to me.

Daveland said...

And Stella Stevens just joined the gang! For the main cast of the "Poseidon Adventure," that leaves Gene Hackman and Pamela Sue Martin.