Friday, November 11, 2022

On The Town: Carmine's



Whenever I visit New York City, Carmine’s is a must. It’s one of the few restaurant chains that I support, mainly because it has a neighborhood feel. From their website:

Carmine’s is a family style restaurant offering exceptional value to its guests through the many dishes of Southern Italian cuisine. Restaurateur Artie Cutler crafted Carmine’s with a singular vision; bringing his guests “wow-factor” sized portions and making any meal feel like an Italian American wedding feast. Carmine’s first location opened August 14, 1990 at 2450 Broadway on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. The classic decor of this flagship Carmine’s evokes the image of marquee New York restaurants that made this city into what it is today. With elements drawn from America’s “Golden Age”, Carmine’s has the quintessential NYC feel, resonating with its customers and looking like it has always been a part of the Upper West Side- and always will be!

I couldn’t have stated it better. I’ve dined at the Upper West Side location, but the one I typically frequent is near Times Square. It had been over four years since I last dined it, so there was no doubt it would have to be squeezed into my “On The Town” itinerary. Melissa (aka “The Colonel”) and I had tickets for the “Kite Runner” that night, so Carmine’s was the obvious choice for dinner beforehand. Her delightful daughter was able to join us.



Friend, co-author, and good recipient of a lot of ribbing: that’s Melissa in a nutshell. Emphasis on “nut.”



The paintings and photos on the wall really do make you feel like you walked into an old Italian restaurant from days gone by.



Neon!



Unfortunately, I was too overwhelmed with hunger to take photos of the legendary Chicken Parmigiana. Trust me…it was worth the wait! From a previous visit with my friend Christy:



Her smile says it all. This place rocks!



Here’s a shot of my Dad in honor of Veterans Day and for all those who served to protect our country. Gratitude doesn’t even cover what you gave up for our freedom.

See more Carmine’s photos at my main website.

No comments: