Monday, April 18, 2022

The Leader of the Band



As I have been struggling to replace my old computer with a new one (after eleven years) and going through the hassle of finding the right cables/software to make my old scanners work, and the....let’s just say it’s been a pain in the arse but I think I am finally done! While I attempt to get caught up, here’s a gem from July 1955 (aka month one) showing Vesey Walker and the Disneyland Band in Town Square.



Vesey looks a little fearful of his future replacement!

See more Disneyland Town Square photos at my main website.

4 comments:

Nanook said...

At least his 'future replacement' is wearing the correct socks-!

Melissa said...

Aww, that baton is as long as Junior's arm!

Melinda said...

Hope the computer issues get worked out. The one our flatbed scanner hooks up to can't be upgraded anymore, which is probably a good thing as the scanner is so old that newer operating systems don't know what to do with it either.
I wanted to say thanks for sharing all of the Disney memories, as I have found them very helpful in trying to record my long ago first trip to Disneyland as a kid. I noticed that you don't have many photos from the 1980s, and as I do have a few of them from our trip that year I would be happy to contribute copies of them to your digital archives if you could use them. Some gems of Fantasyland from the Skyway, monorail and PeopleMover, Tom Sawyer Island including a shot of merry-go-round rock and Cascade Peak, the castle decked out 25th birthday regalia and quite a few of the birthday parade.

Daveland said...

Hi Melinda - I didn't really visit all that much during the 1980s so your kind offer is fantastic! Feel free to email me at dvdpicasso@aol.com