Friday, March 29, 2019

Nature's Wonderland on a Friday



I’m a little late to the game today (hey, it's a holiday at work, so cut me some slack!), but figured I'd make up for it with a nice collection of 1960’s Nature's Wonderland images. The first one is from 1960, and I'm going to zoom in for a closer look at an area that guests were only able to see if they were on the Pack Mule attraction:



Wouldn't it be great to offer a hotel stay at the Rainbow Ridge Hotel? Guests are attempting to stay dry as they journey beneath the falls of Cascade Peak:



The rest of today's shots are from September 1964, presented (of course) in the order that they were taken. Four years later, and guests are still trying to stay drive!



How about a closeup of the cab?



Two shots of the Devil’s Paint Pots:



An unexpected geyser! Ain’t nature grand?



Last one shows the Mine Train at the Rainbow Ridge station:



See more vintage Mine Train/Nature’s Wonderland photos at my main website.

6 comments:

MRaymond said...

A great group of photos. Man, I miss that attraction. Thanks for jarring loose a few memory cells.

Matthew said...

Hey Dave... In your first set of the Devil's Paint Pots, take a look and you can see the photographer caught a group of Pack Mules riding over Natural Arch Bridge looking through... errr... another Natural Arch Bridge.

Always your pal,
Amazon Belle

Matthew said...

Say... it's hard to tell but is that a Mountain Goat in the third photo, above the cab, near the crest of the hill behind a tree branch? If you can zoom in on that... that would be cool... It may be one of the Mountain Goats that got removed because it was too close to the Pack Mule trail.

Always your pal,

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I looked back on the roll to find this post that I missed.

Thanks for the tour of an old favorite, greatly missed.

And yet, I enjoyed Big Thunder for many years before nostalgia finally outweighed novelty.

JG

nick said...

My favorite era of Frontierland. It was often muggy and smelly in the Rainbow Caverns, but what a treat they were to see.

Anonymous said...

Yep, so many of us operators miss this one! KS