Thursday, March 21, 2019

Sleeping Beauty Castle: The 70's



A handful of previously unposed shots of Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty Castle from the Decade of Disco, the 1970’s. I vividly remember the colorful paper souvenir bags that the gentlemen on the left is holding in this April 1970 image. The girl’s pants remind me of a vintage thermos.

Spring has sprung early in these two February 1971 shots of Central Plaza and the colorful blooms that populate the area.





This October 1977 photo had me thinking the guest might be a flight attendant at first.



Zooming in, I can see that she is just sporting a scarf with her denim on denim combo. No airline uniform here!



It appears that the last time I shot this area was in 2008! Yikes!



See more Disneyland Sleeping Beauty 1970s photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Hi Dave! I love seeing Disneyland with all the flowers. It is amazing to me how they would, as Walt would say act like the good farmer who would, "plow the profits back into the ground." We don't see as many flowers spread around the Park. I would assume they are planting just as many flowers now as they did in 1971, but it just seemed that those surrounding the Hub were more present and beautiful. Now it seems they concentrate all their flowers up front at the Entrance and Town Square.

Always your pal,
Amazon Belle

Matthew said...

PS - Her pants do look like a vintage thermos. Oh, and when did that medieval coat of arms over the doorway to Tomorrowland arrive and disappear?

Always your pal,