Monday, March 19, 2007

Mixed Bag Monday



Today’s entry is an uninspired medley, starting with (what I have been told) a shot of the legendary Joe Fowler in front of the Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship. For you afficianados of this boat, you can now purchase a model on Amazon and create your own for only $9.95! The colors Revell has selected are wrong, but with a few of my vintage pics as guides, you can’t go wrong. 2nd photo today is a rear shot of the Viewliner, from an undated transparency. It always seems funny to see the DL Railroad side-by-side with this streamlined modern marvel!



PLUG OF THE DAY: And for the stellar news of the day, my brother has located his Polaroid pics taken on the same day as my Holy Grail post from Friday. Stay tuned for their posting!

See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave! I love the rarely seen back side of the viewliner, funky indeed! Oh wow, your brother found the polaroid's! I wonder how well they withstood the test of time... I have some from '71 and they still look vivid, heck they still look wet! Thanks! TIM.... P.s. VOTE for Dave's friend Brandon, I DID!!

Major Pepperidge said...

Wonderful Viewliner pic...it really looks small. Almost "toylike"!

I think that Revell made a "Chicken of the Sea" pirate ship model years ago, looks like they just reissued it and made it more like the POC movie ship! I'd want to sculpt my own mermaid figure head.