Monday, February 12, 2007

Back to 1956, Pt. 2



This first photo shows the Storybook Land boat as it returns to the dock. The area it is passing is currently the underwater kingdom of King Triton from The Little Mermaid. In the back of the photo is the Fantasyland Depot.



Shot #2 shows Dumbo, Storybook Land, and the Casey Junior area with the cool retro-round Skyway cruising overhead. It is still hard to imagine the park looking so young.

Shot #3 is a rare one; the loading area of Peter Pan. Although it is a little blurry, since it shows a rare view, I will include it anyway.



This last photo is another view of the Merrie Men that I posted about a week ago, apparently promoting a re-release or a TV debut of the Robin Hood movie that Disney made in the 1950’s.



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland Fantasyland photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

The "Merrie Men" thing is interesting...I do seem to recall that there was a Robin Hood feature made in England after WWII (along with Treasure Island and The Sword & the Rose). Maybe they showed in on TV.

Merlinsguy said...

I remember the Merry Men, but I didn't realize it was a promotion. I thought, being ten, that they were just Merry Men.

Matterhorn1959 said...

I like the fact that it is a guy piloting the storybook boat. I remember the big deal it was when Disneyland announced that females were going to work Jungle Cruise and males were going to work Storybook.