Thursday, February 08, 2007

August 1962 Series: Pt. 2, Main Street


Today begins with a parking lot shot, showing some cool retro cars, the Blue Monorail, and a few school buses for good measure (how was that Field trip arranged?!?).


Shot two is another shot of the whole fam damily as they are about to enter the park.


Mickey is pretty much surround for this one; and no, I don’t know what’s up with the braces around the 2 kid’s necks; maybe a dangerous ride on the Parking Lot Tram.


Entering Town Square, you can see Hills Brothers to the right, and amazingly enough, it looks like they pretty much have the park to themselves.


By the end of the day, back at Town Square, a few hats have been purchased and there are definitely more people at the park.

For more Main Street photos, visit my regular website.

3 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

The braces are headgear for braces for the teeth. I remember having to wear them to help straighten the teeth. I think orthodontics has now moved out of the dark ages and kids these days do not have to wear such medievel torture devices.

Major Pepperidge said...

It does look like he's wearing headgear. When I needed braces I prayed that I wouldn't have to have headgear!

The kid has a bandaged hand though, that darn tram!

hebsan said...

Since it was August, I'm guessing the school buses were from a Summer Camp or two.