Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Art at The Met, Pt. 2

Let's get right to the paintings at the Met, beginning with a portrait of Arabella Worsham by Alexandre Cabanel. You can view her 1881 dressing room at The Met, too:

But enough of that. Back to the paintings. A Self-Portrait by Rembrandt van Rijn:

Sure, it's odd, but I loved this Laughing Fool by a Netherlandish Painter:

Allegory of the Catholic Faith by Johannes Vermeer:

I am a sucker for Vermeer. The abundance of detail is right up my alley:

Another Vermeer, titled A Maid Asleep:

Interior of the Oude Kerk, Delft, by Emanual de Witte:

When you zoom in, you see that old Emanual had a sense of humor:

A somewhat dark (in tone) painting that also had me transfixed, Dead Christ Supported by Angels by Francesco Trevisani:

And that barely scratches the surface of what one can enjoy at The Met!

More from The Met at my main website.

Follow my Daveland updates on Twitter and view my most recent photos on Flickr & Instagram.

No comments: