Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Meow Wolf in Santa Fe



While at the UCDA Design Summit, I kept hearing about something called Meow Wolf and was repeatedly told that I needed to check it out. On the last day of my trip, I took a cab...and boy am I glad I did! Located in a converted bowling alley, this art complex first greets you with these mammoth art pieces in its parking lot.







The tagline on Kickstarter: "Meow Wolf and George RR Martin join forces to produce an art complex featuring the most insane art experience imaginable." Insane is right; in a good way! Once you pay your admission, you enter the front yard of a house located inside the gallery. I kept thinking, what the heck is this place?



As I entered the two-story home, I saw the coat closet located under the stairs. Someone was exiting it.



What the hell. I went in, too. Every door led to a new gallery and a new experience.





Place your hand here to open the door to another room. It's like Star Trek!



A treehouse!



A band was setting up.



An 80's Arcade:





A black light undersea wonderland:



Musical dinosaur bones that all played different notes when touched.



And then suddenly, I opened a door and was back in the kitchen.



I could have spent two entire days exploring. It was like a cracked out version of Disneyland where I saw young and old exploring this amazing complex together. If you're in Santa Fe, do not miss this place!

More Meow Wolf Art Complex photos at my main website.

4 comments:

K. Martinez said...

Wow!!! Looks like an incredible place. Never heard of it, but definitely the kind of place I would love to spend time in and explore. It looks like a sort of Alice in Wonderland experience. Also, very nice photo of you at the end. Thanks, Dave.

DrGoat said...

Likewise. Never heard of it either, but would love to explore
that place. Yeah K., very Alice and Wonderland.

Fifthrider said...

Thank you for the additional details and explanation. I had previously seen the pic of you coming out of the fridge but didn't understand the significance. Now I know it's a portal to another dimension. "You don't normally see that kind of behavior from an appliance." - P.Venkman

outsidetheberm said...

What a place! It looks like Meow Wolf is the destination for our next trip to Santa Fe! Thanks, Dave.