Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Disneyland: The First Summer, Pt. 7



Welcome to the very unspoiled frontier of Frontierland, Summer 1955. Before you enter these gates to the wilderness, you might want to get a snack from the vendor. If not, mosey on over to the Miniature Horse Corral and take a gander around.



This detailed closeup shows a poster for Buffalo Plug Tobacco. Yum! Sounds delicious. I don’t believe you can get this stuff in the park today...or even see an advertisement for it! You can also see one of the Conestoga Wagons in the background, getting ready for a journey through Frontierland.



See more vintage & current Frontierland photos at my regular website.

6 comments:

Jimmy said...

Very rare photo. I'm not sure I've ever seen one so clear of the corral and blacksmith shop.

Major Pepperidge said...

WOW, that is one fantastic photo of the Miniature Horse Corral!!

Katella Gate said...

I love pictures of these long-gone corners of Disneyland.

HollyLynne said...

Wow! So different! If it weren't for the bit of the Mark Twain in the background of the first photo, I don't think I'd even recognize the park!

Chris Merritt said...

Wow - seeing the horse corral in color is certainly a treat...

Minako said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site... I see that you also love Disney... me too...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!