Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Broggie Window, Main Street, and Town Square



Here is the photo of the recently installed Broggie window that the Major mentioned yesterday. The next shot is also Main Street, from July 1970. Where Disneyana currently is, there’s Berry’s Cookies and the Ring Shop. Next to the cookie sign, the Market House bears the title “Sugar Corner.” Main Street shops sure have undergone some change over the years. It would be nice to have a little more variety in the offerings there today.



Image 3 is Town Square, March 1964, featuring the Mickey Mouse Club in the Opera House and a Toy Shop to the right. Hills Brothers is still around, as you can see the logo above the garden area.



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

The bottom shot also features the shoe shine stand. I do not see Disneyland having that in place these days.

walterworld said...

I believe that Babes In Toyland was running at the opera house (see the candy cane hut out front?) The poster might just be an ad for the MMC...

Keep up the great work---

Major Pepperidge said...

I wish I could get my tennis shoes shined! Not only do I not wear dress shoes to Disneyland, they are lucky that I wear pants.