Thursday, September 07, 2023

Breakfast at the Lafayette



Back at the Lafayette Hotel & Club in the North Park hood of San Diego; this time it’s for breakfast. Mar Mar and I read the weather reports (and looked outside to confirm) and decided to brave Hurricane Hilary. The storm had already been downgraded from a 4 to a 1, and the weather map showed that it was not touching down near our area. Full steam ahead.



This time I tried the Chocolate Hazelnut Boozy Milkshake; it slightly edged out my previous choice, the Banana Coconut version. Mar Mar got the coffee in the branded mug (nice touch!).



I got the Banana Bread Pudding French Toast and Mar Mar got the Buckwheat Pancakes with blueberries lemon whip. For decadence, get the French Toast; if you want to feel like you’re being semi-healthy with more fiber, you’ll enjoy the pancakes. The bacon (not pictured) was typical of a diner; a little greasy and limp, but still serviceable. The Chateau doesn’t need to worry about my allegiance on that one.



The biscuits and gravy were just the way I like them; lots of sausage pieces and a good thick hearty gravy. None of that cheap runny crap.



Each time I visit (and there have been a lot of visits) I notice more details, like the monogram on the booths:



The detailing on the edge of the overhead lights:



There are no photos of the staff, but so far every experience has been positive. The waitresses have been fantastic. Still more to report from the Lafayette, but now I need to head to work!

See more Lafayette Hotel and Club photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Nanook said...

It's also possible if those overhead lights are original, what appears to be glass could very well be just that - and damn heavy, too-!

Melissa said...

"Serviceable Bacon" would be a good Puritan name.

Daveland said...

Nanook - I believe the lights are new, but still wouldn't want one to fall on top of me!

Melissa - I have missed your commentary! ;)