Monday, August 14, 2023

Vintage Disneyland Quickie



As I was going through these 3 consecutive vintage shots of Disneyland, I noticed that they could be layered into a quick animated gif, giving us a few seconds of life on Main Street, U.S.A. circa 1956. First we have the Horse-Drawn Streetcar, followed by the red Horseless carriage…



and another red Horseless carriage shot as it approaches the Plaza Apartments (wonder what rent would be for those today?):



Combined and layered in Photoshop, we have as the French say, VoilĂ !



See more Disneyland Main Street, U.S.A. photos at my main website.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, what a blast! I love it!
—Sue

Fifthrider said...

Wow, that looks great. There's even a horsedrawn fire truck entering from the north. What a busy day on Main Street! Look at how well behaved everyone is, staying on the sidewalks and not in the street. No army of strollers too!

Anonymous said...

It does bring the past to life Dave. Great idea. KS

Nanook said...

I feel a spring in my step. We can even see the passage of time on the 'Big Timex Clock'-!

Thanks, Dave.