Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Doo Wop under the Moonlight



When I heard that the Doo Wop Project was coming back to the Moonlight Amphitheatre, it was a no-brainer that I would attend. Other than the venue, I had never really explored Vista. My friend Mona picked urbn (yes, that’s who it’s spelled) pizza for dinner (which also has a location near my house). The mashed potato pizza must be tried to be believed. Afters, cooler temperatures be damned as we got desert at Handel’s ice cream.



Yes, in southern California, we bundle up when it dips below 60 degrees.



The Moonlight Amphitheatre was decked out for the holidays, which paired with the cooler (!) temperatures helped make us all feel festive.



Yup, blankets. I’m sure you east coast readers feel sorry for us.



Once those Doo Wop Project harmonies began, everyone warmed up.



The Fab Five:



Charl before:



And after, as the spirit of Rudolph and the other reindeer took over:



It is so much fun to watch the joyous interactions that these guys exude every time they perform together.



Afterwards, I got to visit with them as they had to swat off the other audience members who were clamoring for autographs. I predict amazing things for Dwayne in the New Year!



The post will end with a little clip from one of my favorite numbers, “Shop Around.”



I need to find out where these guys shop! See more Doo Wop Project photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes...they put on a marvelous show and its great to see such true "talent" on stage. All without the need of electronic enhancements. KS

Daveland said...

They are definite mood lifters, KS!