Thursday, July 07, 2022

Casey Jr., July 1963



It’s July 1963 and our Disneyland Casey Jr. attraction engineer is having difficulty exiting the vehicle. For all you gearheads, I have included a closeup of the dashboard. You’re welcome.



For Chuck: Here’s a comparison shot of the dashboard from 2008. Casey doesn’t need no stinkin’ steering wheel! Ha!



And from 2012:



In the July 1963 background detail view, you can see the second Casey Jr. Circus Train lumbering uphill:



This image came from the same batch, and provides a nice overview of both Casey and the Storybook Land attractions. I love how they are interwoven.



The Storybook Land tour guide looks positively bored.



Zooming in you can see the original Fantasyland Depot, which would be torn down in 1965 to make way the new one.



See more Disneyland Casey Jr attraction photos at my main website.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I think I needs me a pair of them stripey overhauls. Very slimming.

Chuck said...

Where’s the steering wheel?

Daveland said...

Melissa - Great idea - I could use a pair, too!

Chuck - if the Twain has one, Casey should too, right?

Bryan said...

(Bob Chapek taking notes) "Of course! A steering wheel! And we charge a premium to sit up front and steer Casey!" I miss Walt.