Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Temple Tuesday: Back to Dayton!



About three years ago, I posted a 1944 shot of Shirley outside a movie theatre in Dayton, Ohio. Recently, I acquired a companion photo taken the same evening. Zooming in, I was able to read a portion of what I assume to be Shirley’s script for the evening as she addressed her fans:

you have a habit of…, they just remain there and it gives you that lump feeling right here, in your throat…You’ve all been so wonderful, thank you again everybody…better say good night before all that lovely sentiment turns to …



On the right side of the photo is another piece of paper; I am assuming it to be the script for the evening’s MC. I tried...but just can’t make out more than a few words. Anybody out there up for the task?



Here is the previously posted shot of Shirley waving to her fans:



…and the gown she was wearing underneath the fur coat, which Shirley wore in “I’ll Be Seeing You” (with Spring Byington):



See more Shirley Temple photos at my main website.

No comments: