Thursday, June 18, 2020

Christmas in July, circa 1956


It would be hard to tell that this shot was taken during the Disneyland Christmas season of 1956 except for a little garland around the roof of the Main Street Train Station and its clock. Less is definitely more!

A group of Dickens Carolers is about to assemble in front of the Bank of America in Town Square. They seem to have a little fan club following them!


I love the little piggy bank in the Bank’s window!

 

Here are the Carolers, bundled up for a typical freezing cold day in sunny Anaheim! The little girl on the right with the Disneyland penant has been caught on  camera picking a booger. No class!


See more Disneyland Christmas photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas in back & white also makes it hard to envision the season today. KS

Melissa said...

I stalked the Dapper Dans across half the Magic Kingdom once, when I saw them coming out a backstage door in Adventureland and wanted to make sure I didn’t miss their set. So I can identify with those kids!

Daveland said...

Melissa - I have done the same thing...multiple times!