Friday, November 02, 2018

You Never Know



I love when this stuff happens. Awhile back, I was contacted by John from Houston, yet another person who had just stumbled upon my blog after a google search and found a shot of his Aunt in the photo shown above from September 1957 at the Disneyland Hotel.

“Just wanted to email you after I found a photo of the woman’s softball team from Indianapolis - The Anchorettes. My aunt, Helen Stegemoller was a pitcher for the team and I remember watching some of her games. She is on the far right of the middle row. Helen passed away this week in Indianapolis, never left the city she was born in - she was 86. Sometime after her softball career, she was inducted into the Softball Hall of Fame in Oklahoma City. Again, thanks for the picture that i have never seen before. You never know who will read your articles.”

See more Disneyland Hotel photos at my main website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you Dave for keeping memories like this alive for so many of us. KS