Wednesday, November 21, 2018

When Two Worlds Collide: Wax and the Mouse



I don’t know the story behind this image, but that’s the Movieland Wax Museum’s Rolls-Royce parked in the Disneyland Parking lot, circa October 1964. Check out the decal on the side:



Here’s a previously posted shot of the vehicle parked where it belongs:



The new defunct museum once housed a collection of lifelike (and not so lifelike) wax statues and tableaus featuring scenes from classic movies. Did Shirley Temple ever pose on an ark loaded with stuff animals and candy? Hellz no.



See more Movieland Wax Museum photos at my main website.

3 comments:

JFSinIL said...

Either in elementary school or as a Brownie back in the 60s I had to endure the wax museum a couple times and it creeped me out each time. I think I remember that as a child I thought the real people had been covered in suffocating wax and were trapped, still alive, underneath. Aaaargh now I am creeping myself out again!

Daveland said...

Jody - I believe that was the premise of a number of vintage horror movies!

Fifthrider said...

My favorite story from the MWM was the day Vincent Price stood in for his own figure. For some lucky visitors, Jody's concerns became a reality.