Thursday, August 23, 2018

Nature's Wonderland Interlude



Before I wrap up the final installment of the MONA Neon Cruise trilogy, I thought I'd insert these two previously unpublished shots of Nature's Wonderland, a beloved Disneyland attraction of the past. First up is a fairly empty overall view of the loading area and Pack Mule queue from April 1958.

This 1956 shot features the Rainbow Mountain Railroad getting ready to take another batch of guests on their journey through Nature's Wonderland.



See more vintage Disneyland Nature's Wonderland photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Stefano said...

Some of the tombstones in the cemetery to the left of the chapel seem just vaguely visible. That boneyard recalled the do-it-yourself front lawn displays of my suburban youth. Speaking of which, not only Disney has jumped the gun, stores everywhere are offering Halloween items for sale, in late August! No wonder kids are running wild these days.

Anonymous said...

I believe this was taken before the expansion of the Mine Train as most of us remember it. KS

nick said...

Yes, the green train is pre-Nature's Wonderland. Thanks, Dave, for sharing the Frontierland of my last pre-teen year!