Friday, August 17, 2018

Interlude at Clifton's



After touring the Museum of Neon Art in Glendale, the UCDA group reconvened at Clifton's in downtown Los Angeles until our Neon Cruise began (more on that later!).



Unfortunately, the cafeteria part of Clifton's was closed when we arrived...



so drinks had to suffice. A Moscow Mule on tap. Who knew???



Never content to just sit, I began noticing (and photographing) little details.



Then got up and wandered around to see the taxidermy...



and this gorgeous "tree" that's the centerpiece of the building.



Oh those light fixtures!



This gothic bar is a beauty.



One of these days I'll get to see the South Seas room. I just need to plan my trip to Clifton's a little better next time!

See more Clifton's Brookdale Cafeteria photos at my main website.

1 comment:

Fifthrider said...

My life is a little bit better for having visited here based on your recommendation. Anyone who hasn't gone, GO! Walt ate here, there's some really influencing history as far as Disneyland goes.