Sunday, June 02, 2013

$40 Bucks A Night.



When I moved back to Southern California, my friend Dennis took me out to Musso & Frank's for dinner. What a cool place, full of Hollywood history and legend. But that's not what today's post is about. He also showed me this run-down apartment building, located just around the corner on Las Palmas.



If it doesn't look familiar to you, this photo might jog your memory:



That's right, it's the dump Vivian Ward (played by Julia Roberts) was rescued from by her wealthy Prince Charming (played by Richard Gere) in the movie "Pretty Woman."

Years later, when my friend Aaron came out to visit, I had to take him there as well, since "Pretty Woman" was one of his favorite movies. It still looked like a dump.



Last year though, it appeared that Las Palmas Hotel had gotten a bit of an overhaul.



If you visit their website, you too could get rescued by your Prince for the low-low bargain basement price of only $40/night. In Hollywood, only one block from The Boulevard.

Who says dreams don't come true?

See more Hollywood film location photos on my Hollywood Movie Tour web page.

2 comments:

K. Martinez said...

Beautiful image of the "Frank & Musso Grill" sign. Love the great coloring.

Major Pepperidge said...

One of my friends always jokes about the staff at Musso and Frank's, and how they've all been there since the 1950's. I've driven past it a zillion times and still haven't eaten there... I need to just go and do it.