Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tell-No-Tales Thursdays: Jack Sparrow @ The Costurera



To avoid the fate of Carlos, Jack Sparrow hides behind a few of the dressmaker’s (headless) mannequins. Some friends I was with at the park alerted me to the fact that if you looked/photographed the Jack Sparrow audio-animatronic figure at the Costurera just right, it looked like he was wearing a dress. After a few attempts, I finally got it.



And then without using a flash:



This little vignette was sandwiched into an existing scene when Imagineers added a few touches from the movie to the Anaheim attraction. See more Disneyland Pirates of the Caribbean photos at my website.

6 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

The AA figure sure looks lifelike in that third photo! I wonder if further changes to "Pirates" are due since a 4th movie is in the works.

Katella Gate said...

Somebody should break it to Jack (nicely) that he doesn't have the figure for those wasp-waist dresses, but he can get the same effect with a bustle.

Anonymous said...

That is funny i never noticed that, looking forward to see it in person

Sereina Elwert said...

I actually noticed that when I went to Disneyland in June.

Nice pitures!!!

Anonymous said...

I found it more interesting in comparing the action of the figure to the original audio animatronic characters surrounding him. The mobility of Jack far exceeds them and is amazingly lifelike (no matter how dressed). Then again, since I'm a former RO of the attraction, I look more for the physical improvements of the ride.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I've noticed Jack mobility is way better than the other AA's also, it seems kinda unfair to the originals. I bet they fight about it when nobody is around... Nice "dress" shot Dave!