Wednesday, June 05, 2024

Calling All Disneyland Ephemera Nutz!



Calling out to all my Disneyland brochure/guidebook/ephemera nutz! I have a batch of undated slides (most likely 1960s) that include this shot of the Flower Market on West Center Street. Can anyone give a year based on the book/brochure next to the register visible in this detailed view? I know, the lady in the pink fluffy hat is pulling your focus. Try…try hard to look away.



UPDATE! Thanks to Daveland readers Tom & Eric over on X, the mystery has been solved. The publication is Disneyland World of Flowers, released in 1965.





Here are two previously unposted shots that the guest had the kindness to get date stamped! From August 1966 (might even be the same cast member):



…and September 1963, which includes a Keystone Kop:



See more Disneyland Main Street Market photos at my main website.

4 comments:

tom said...

If I had to guess, I'd say that was a copy of "Disneyland World of Flowers" published by National Geographic / Walt Disney Productions in 1965.

Anonymous said...

That's a good guess to me as well. KS

Daveland said...

Thanks, both - frequent reader Eric confirmed over on "X" with a matching shot of the cover!

Anonymous said...

Crowdsourcing works!! KS