Wednesday, May 17, 2023

(Semi) Wild West Wednesday



I’m a sucker for Rainbow Ridge images, that highly detailed town (that didn’t have to be!) that was part of the Nature’s Wonderland attraction at Disneyland. This August 1965 shot is particularly nice, with an assortment of props and posters on the porch of the General Store/Post Office.



This appears to be a vintage ad for some kind of laundry product:



This is how the General Store looks as of the last time I photographed it in 2015 (yikes!) from my Big Thunder Mountain Railroad car zipping by:



…and a wider angle view from 2008:



This portion of Rainbow Ridge that can seen in this January 1969 shot is no longer there.



No more Dance Hall; I guess the nearby Golden Horseshoe Saloon will have to do!



See more Disneyland Nature's Wonderland photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Fifthrider said...

I always got a kick out of that old footage of the sheriff and Black Bart having a shootout, and Bart was hiding behind the RainBow Ridge buildings. I always imagined Walt would review that footage after it went to air only to decree that they stop doing that. The illusion of scale was all thrown off when Bart stood beside a building. These are truly great shots with useful detail.

Daveland said...

It's almost like an Alice in Wonderland where the people have outgrown their environment!