Monday, May 29, 2023

Monday at Morning Call



Need that jolt of joe to get your morning going? If you were in New Orleans circa July 1960 (that’s almost 63 years ago for those of you who don't have a calculator), you would probably be at Morning Call, which was New Orleans’ Most Famous Coffee Drinking Place. Or so says the slogan. Forget the coffee, I’m more interested in the vintage T-Bird!



Just as an FYI, Morning Call is not the same as Café du Monde, which is in the same area but about a block away. If you look on the left of this shot, you can see Morning Call in the background.



And it looks like both places are still in biz. I’m not a huge coffee guy, so I typically go to du Monde for the beignets.



See more New Orleans photos at my main website.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Great pics, a really nice slice of time right there. I can't get past the awkwardness of the past in some places, especially where advertising is concerned. "Most Famous Coffee Drinking Place." Yeah, we wouldn't want to smooth that off with "coffee house", "coffee shop", "cafe", or even the less probable "coffeterium." ( I'm not sure if that's a word. I'm inventing it now. ) i guess my desk at work is also a "Coffee Drinking Place", just not so famous.