Monday, October 07, 2024

Halloween Season in South Park



Every year I look forward to seeing what my neighbors put together for their Halloween display. At night, with the lighting and the animatronics going, it really is quite spectacular.



Unlike other neighborhood displays, this one changes each time, as old figures are replaced and new ones join the mix. There’s also a “tunnel” off to the side with even more things to see.



Open every Friday and Saturday night in October, if you live in San Diego, you really need to check this out from 7pm–9pm.



Like the rest of San Diego, parking can be tight (that’s an entirely different topic that I cannot begin to unpack here in this post), so best to take that into consideration.



Yes, the figures light up AND move!



I don’t think Willis cares for this figure, though. Even in the daytime.



This figure reminds me of the neighborhood “Karen” who asked me the other day, “What do you think about the Halloween display on our street?” I replied, “I think it’s great!” “Really? It’s pretty noisy. I can hear it across the street.” Me: “It’s only two nights a week from 7-9 in October, and people really seem to love it. I think it’s great to have it here!” That was pretty much the end of the convo. She probably turns off her lights on Halloween to avoid giving candy to the kids.






For more info about South Park Horror House, visit them on Instagram.






See more San Diego South Park neighborhood photos at my main website.

1 comment:

Fifthrider said...

Wait a minute, a tunnel on the side? I took someone there to see it last year. ( twice! ) We didn't know there was a tunnel. ( Once was still pretty early when they were setting it up, late Sept. )