Saturday, February 10, 2024

Disneyland Weather Vanes



Inspired by one of my favorite readers, Eric C., I decided to put together a photo display of all the weather vanes at Disneyland (DCA can be another post!). The first one is from the Red Rose Taverne location when it was formerly known as Village Haus in Fantasyland. A closeup:



This one is debatable; there are no NESW markings, but it does have an arrow and appears to spin, so I'll include it. It is also part of the former Village Haus complex.



From Mr. Toad’s:



From Pinocchio’s Daring Journey:



From the Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square:



Atop the Toon Town Depot:



Minnie Mouse house in Toon Town:



Mary Poppins rests atop the Jolly Holiday Bakery in Central Plaza:



Across the Plaza is this rooster at The Plaza Inn:



Edelweiss Snacks in Fantasyland:



Zooming in:



Another one that is debatable; no arrows, no NESW markers, but it is often lumped into the category of weather vanes.



Any others I missed?

Later additions to this post:

Bryan - Thanks for jogging the memory! This one on the Harbour Gallery:



Back in Toon Town, you can find Miss Gadget Hackwrench on the roof of the loading area for Gadget’s Go Coaster:



In Town Square at the Guided Tours waiting area:



Thanks to Daveland friend Stacy, I now have a snap of the Matterhorn weathervane:



See more Disneyland photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Fifthrider said...

My thanks to you and Eric. I've seen the weather-vanes but never really thought about inventorying them or comparing. I would assume they're all weather vanes regardless the NESW but then again maybe that just makes them lightning rods without? Don't know.

Now I'm going to have to be on the lookout in NOS, Frontierland and any parts Main-to-West in case I see more. I vaguely recall one in NOS somewhere, but only seen from a distance like from Tom Sawyer Island. I thought the HM had one and maybe something near Harbor Galley or Winnie the Pooh. My gut feeling is that there just has to be one in Adventureland or Frontierland but for the life of me I can't even begin to envision where or what it would look like.

Daveland said...

Thanks Bryan - Haunted Mansion was already included but i just added the Harbour Gallery one. I don't see one on Winnie the Pooh though.

Melissa said...

Monstro, the Prince of Whales.