Friday, September 20, 2024

Vintage Spin Down Palm Canyon Drive



Let’s take a spin down Palm Canyon Drive, circa March 1955. What a sporty Pontiac convertible! I believe it’s a 1954 model.



This angle of Palm Canyon shows the Chi Chi Club on the right, which claimed to have Palm Springs’ only hickory broiler!



At the Palm Springs theater, “Untamed” with Tyrone Power and Susan Hayward is playing.



Looks fairly tawdry from the movie poster!



Two other previously posted vintage views of the Chi Chi Club from my collection:





…and a vintage postcard on eBay:



This shot shows the Coral Tree restaurant, located in the Palm Springs Hotel. Both are now gone. Notice the cross up in the mountains; not sure if that’s still there or not. I don’t recall seeing it.



Charging only $1.95 for a full course meal, I can see why they went out of business! I believe this building was replaced with Hyatt Palm Springs.



A vintage menu cover from the Coral Tree:



…and a peek inside at what they served:



See more vintage and contemporary Palm Springs photos at my main website.

No comments: