Wednesday, February 07, 2024

I Love A Parade: 1968 in 3D!



Back in July 1968, a photographer shot these 3D images (now presented in genuine FauxD©) of a Disneyland parade. It’s as close as you can get to being there, folks!

Captain Hook, Peter Pan, and Mr. Smee are waving to the crowd.



Any idea what these ribbons/tags are on Pan and Smee?



Donald is feeling lazy, too:



Snow White and her Seven Dwarfs (Dopey is hiding in the back):



From Pinocchio comes J. Worthington Foulfellow:



Even the recently released Jungle Book was featured in the Parade:



Alice skips by the Wurlitzer Shop:



With Splash Mountain gone, will we ever see these characters back in the Park?



See more Disneyland Parade photos at my main website.

4 comments:

Ronald Schneider said...

Dave - The ribbons on Pan and Smee are probably anniversary ribbons that were once issued to cast members on the park's birthday, dating this parade on July 17th!

Daveland said...

Thanks, Ronald!

"Lou and Sue" said...

These are fantastic. I hope KS sees these...I think he worked at Hills Bros.

Thanks, Dave.

Anonymous said...

And yes I did Sue. If this was 1968, then it was a year before my time. Of course the motion beings it back to life for me. Thanks Dave! KS