Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Back to Clifton's



Last month marked my third time to Clifton's Cafeteria since it's very successful restoration/overhaul. Each time I struggle between taking photos of new details versus enjoying the delicious food. Always a battle. Take a gander at this beautifully sculpted watermelon!





And the signage...so vintage...so well done...it boggles this type-lover's heart.



Organic chicken tenders?!? Why go to McDonald's when you get so much more at Clifton's!



I'm a sucker for Clifton's meatloaf; one of my favorites to dine on here.



Who else makes jello look this cool?



And then of course the decor; like this huge-ass tree in the middle of the restaurant:



The little framed wonders:



And of course the taxidermy:



Silent film siren Louise Brooks was playing on a wall nearby:



One of these days I need to sample Clifton's at night when it REALLY comes alive.

More goodies from Clifton's at my main website.

Follow my Daveland updates on Twitter and view my most recent photos on Flickr & Instagram.

1 comment:

Fifthrider said...

Un,... Real. If you had not mentioned that was a watermelon I would have assumed wax sculpture or similar. That cake with Kit-Kats around it? Also unreal. I love any place based on attention to detail but this place took that to 11. I must go someday. Thank you.