Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Temple Tuesdays: Rumpelstiltskin 1958 Pt. 2



More photos from the taping of the February 1958 "Rumpelstiltskin" episode of Shirley Temple's Storybook. In today's shots, Shirley is rehearsing the theme song of the show, "Dreams Are Made for Children."



For the actual show, Shirley "floated" out on a "cloud" and sang the tune, dressed to the nines in Don Loper gowns.





I could only find this poor vocal copy on youtube of Shirley singing the theme song. As an adult, Shirley really did have a very pleasant voice.



Looking fairly serious, Shirley inspects the medal of John Raitt, the star of the episode.



She looks annoyed here; did Raitt use some foul language, or did he flub a line?



Here's a previously posted shot of Raitt and Shirley, all smiles:



More Shirley Temple Storybook photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Dave, I am kind of curious... did you manage to acquire a large stash of photos from "Shirley Temple's Storybook", or have you slowly collected them over many years? I think it's amazing that there are so many production stills from what I think is a fairly obscure show from nearly 60 years ago.

Daveland said...

I buy them as the seller sells 'em! Most of the ones I have posted were early publicity from when the show started.