Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Mike on the Astrojets



In this vintage June 1957 image, little Mike is very excited to be at Disneyland. Here's the accompanying publicity blurb:

FUN FOR MIKE

Enjoying a ride on a rocket plane at Disneyland, south of Los Angeles, is Mike Malloy of Kellogg, Idaho, one of the Chronicle junior dealers who won an all-expense-paid trip to California by getting new subscriptions.

Can you imagine how many newspapers that would take today to win?

More Astrojet photos on my main website.

1 comment:

K. Martinez said...

Nice photo. How can one not appreciate an Astrojet photo with the vehicle name clearly seen on it?

Brings back memories of when I had a paper route as a kid and they had a new subscription drive in which if you got so many new subscriptions, you would get an all-expense paid trip to Disneyland. Apparently I didn't meet the quota for new subscriptions so I didn't get that free trip to Disneyland. Still I got to go to Disneyland anyway since my cousins lived nearby. Thanks, Dave.