Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Museum of Neon Art, Pt. 1



On a recent trip to LA I had the pleasure of visiting the Museum of Neon Art, located in Glendale. Signage...neon...vintage stuff...I just had to go. This place may be small, but it sure packs a wallop. I had a great time.



Today's post shows a few of the more "active" signs, captured through the vibrant technology of animated giffery (please don't look that up).











More to come!

More MONA at my main website.

Follow my Daveland updates on Twitter and view my most recent photos on Flickr & Instagram.

5 comments:

Chuck said...

I always enjoy an animated post. This looks like a really neat place to visit, although I wouldn't want to live there (I'll bet there's no hot tub).

Anonymous said...

Dave, these are fun. Nice work.

Good to see the old VanDeKamps sign. That was a family favorite years ago.

JG

Darryl R said...

I recognize the diving lady on photo #1 but can't place it

Michael G. said...

Dave - the sign on the Bottom is from Bakersfield California's Green Frog Market! I grew up there and it was always our favorite! When Disneyland opened they erected a faux Sleeping Beauty Castle Facade part way around the market! They closed about 5 years ago. This is very nostalgic and I am glad the sign survives.
Michael Goldberg
Nashville, TN

Major Pepperidge said...

I didn't know that this museum had moved to Glendale - I visited it once, downtown, many years ago.

Besides looking amazing, I remember the heat thrown off by the signs, and of course the comforting, buzzing sound.