Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Wright Tour Pt. 7: Hollyhock House



The last time I had visited Barnsdall Park and the 1921 Hollyhock House in Hollywood, I was only able to tour the grounds since the Frank Lloyd Wright designed Mayan Revival home was under renovation.



Thanks to the Wright Tour that I participated in, I not only got to go inside, but I was able to take photos. This warms my heart to no end.



Never has anyone done so much with concrete.

















A touch of Italy with this Dancing Faun statue that is a reproduction of one from Pompeii:





How about these ornate dining room chairs?





The views from Barnsdall Park are amazing, too. The Hollywood Sign:



Griffith Observatory:



And another Wright gem, The Ennis House:





More photos of the master architect's work at my main website.

3 comments:

K. Martinez said...

You really did get to see quite a bit of Wright architecture on this tour. Love the Mayan Revival exterior. Especially the concrete relief work. Thanks again for sharing this wonderful tour with us. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Chuck said...

I couldn't agree more. Thanks for sharing, Dave!

Anonymous said...

he best part of seeing Wright's buildings is the up-close detail. The distance pics in the text books don't tell the full story the way these pics do.

The bits of statuary in the gardens, art glass windows, door hardware, tile and molded concrete, etc. It's all just wonderful in person.

Thanks, Dave.

JG