Monday, June 08, 2015

60th Anniversary Trip, Pt. 18



I am starting off the week with the grand finale of my most recent trip with a selection of evening shots. This is when the park looks most magical in my estimation. Well, all except those plastic blue diamonds that are strewn throughout the park.



So glad the Magic Shop is still here; Main Street could use a little more retail variety like this as opposed to the plethora of plush it serves up.



The Wooden Indian still stands on Main Street, even though the Tobacco Shop is long gone.



Inside the Disney Gallery, an artist was sketching up a custom drawing for a guest.



This particular artist must have been on break.



For sale was this tribute to the Haunted Mansion's Tightrope Girl:



LOVE this piece which does double duty for Big Thunder Mountain and Nature's Wonderland:



It's always hard for me to leave Disneyland; I typically take my time and snap a few last minute shots. One step forward, two steps back.



I happened to catch the engine pulling into the station at the end of the evening.





I decided to snap one of the DCA entrance…



and through my viewfinder saw that they were putting a little bling on top of Carthay.



One more year and all of that crud will be gone.

More Disneyland photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Dan Heaton said...

Great job on this entire update! It was like taking a visit to the parks every day. I'm really impressed by all the photos on your site.

Unknown said...

Yeah, you go Dave. I love Disneyland after dark shots. As a kid I never got to see Disneyland at night because my Dad (on our annual Magic Kingdom Club director's trip) would always say, "We have to beat the traffic." Decades later it occurred to me that the traffic would be lighter if we stayed later. Oh well, I doubt a nine year-old's argument would have been worth much...

I really like the ghost-like wisp of steam exhaust hovering over the Main Street Depot.

Daveland said...

Thanks Dan & Patrick!