Monday, May 25, 2015

60th Anniversary Trip, Pt. 9



After my short siesta back at the hotel, I returned to the treat of being able to see Soundsational, one of my favorite parades of all time at Disneyland. And I am really not a parade person!



I love the styling of the floats (great job Kevin & Jody!) as well as the musical arrangements.



I especially like the jazzy arrangements for the Aladdin and Little Mermaid sections.



Let's zoom in for a closeup of Ariel, shall we?



The Three Caballeros make an appearance in this parade as well.





Naturally Donald Duck is on TOP of the float above his two compadres.



The parade ends with a rowsing "Step in Time" arrangement from "Mary Poppins."





After catching the parade I headed over to the Riverbelle Terrace where I had made my Fantasmic! dinner reservations; the Blue Bayou was sold out. On the way I stopped to photograph the rushing waterfall at the Tarzan Treehouse:



The dinner destination!



A great view of the Treehouse from my table inside:



Light fixtures…I need a 12-step program.





Dinner started off with a garden salad:



followed by a seasoned chicken breast with vegetables:



and an apple dessert. All in all it was very tasty and the service at the Riverbelle was attentive.



My next destination was Mickey's Toontown. On the way, I noticed the Peter Pan Crocodile from Fantastmic! lurking in the Rivers of America:





I arrived in Toontown just as the sun was beginning to set.



The Mickey fountain looked beautiful with the setting sun behind it.



Oh how I wish the Jolly Trolley was unfettered and able to run again.



Last one today shows the Chip 'n Dale Treehouse:



More Toontown at night in my next installment!

See more Toons in their Town at my main website.

7 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Hmmm, interesting.....Chip 'n Dale's Treehouse is missing all of it's leaves. I wonder how long it's been that way? I rarely get over to Toontown anymore!

I'm also wondering if Soundsational has ended it's run at Disneyland or if they plan to still run it during the day, while the Paint the Night Parade runs at night?

Daveland said...

Hi Chris - Hard to believe but my oldest photo of the treehouse is from 2014, so I couldn't say when that change occurred. I am hoping Soundsational continues; it is one of my very favorite parades!

TokyoMagic! said...

I guess I was being lazy by not just looking up the parade schedules before commenting. I just checked DL's entertainment schedule and both Soundsational and the new nighttime parade are both running today. Soundsational was not running last Fri/Sat for the 24 hour party, so after seeing your pics, I started to wonder.

K. Martinez said...

America on Parade and Main Street Electrical Parade are my all-time favorites but Soundsational is really close. It's definitely the best parade I've seen at Disneyland in quite a long time.

I love the photo of Tick-Tock in the Rivers of America. Cool!

K. Martinez said...

Dave,

Is the FASTPASS you get with your Fantasmic! dining package at River Belle Terrace for good seating to view the show? In other words is it a preferred optimal viewing location or do they just group you in one of the standard viewing sections with the rest of the FASTPASS crowd?

Just trying to figure if it's worth it. Thanks!

Daveland said...

Ken - Years ago, I did the dessert package. Once with the Disney Gallery (which was not great viewing) and also on the Rivers of America (which WAS great viewing and gave you a chair). The current dining packages are about $50 for dinner and viewing. The Blue Bayou package gives you viewing a little closer to the dragon; the Riverbelle is fairly close. Both areas are dead center. The Fastpass section that I saw is along the side…not as optimal. So, there is a difference. It's all about what it's worth to you.

K. Martinez said...

Dave - From what you've just described, it definitely sounds worth it to me. Thanks for the info and quick response.