Friday, April 24, 2015

The Rainbow Desert Stage Coach

A rarely seen view of the entrance to the Disneyland Stagecoach attraction, known as The Rainbow Desert Stage Coach according to this February 1, 1959 photo.

Get that "D" Coupon ready; this attraction does not take cash!

What does that "D" Coupon translate to? A 50¢ purchase for adults and a 35¢ price for the kids. Conestoga Wagons are a flat fee of 25¢ regardless of your age, which means you need a "B" Coupon. The Disney Powers-That-Be must have thought the Pack Mules were more fun than the Wagons, as they required a "D" Coupon.

What do you think? Would you spend 50¢ to ride the Stage Coach?

See more vintage Disneyland Stagecoach photos at my main website.

Follow my Daveland updates on Twitter and view my most recent photos on Flickr.


K. Martinez said...

Nice post! The color and texture in today's photo is beautiful.

If I remember correctly, the top tier tickets (eventually 'E') always had a differentiation between child & adult prices.

As for the Pack Mules, they were an 'E' ticket when I rode them back in the day. I think they were always considered a top tier attraction at Disneyland.

Thanks, Dave.

beachgal said...

I would and I did pay the price to ride the stage coaches - but they lost their interest for me soon after the first couple rides - it was sort of a thing I thought went with Knotts better than Disneyland. And yes, the Pack Mules cost more because they needed to feed/shoe/house/rotate/replace them where as the stage coaches just got 'parked' for the night! I was discouraged from riding the pack mules -- they made me 'smell' and be sort of itchy the rest of the day at the park after a ride - and usually I had shorts vs long pants - those saddles could 'bite' your unprotected legs!

Dean Smith said...

fifty cents then is about four dollars today, so no, i would pass!