Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Original Frontierland Depot

Today we see the original Frontierland Depot, circa August 1960, before it was moved to make way for an expansion.

A previously posted shot from July 1960 showing the other side of the Depot, which now sits on the opposite side of the track and is inaccessible to guests.

A December 1962 image that shows the "new" Frontierland Depot, bathed in the glow of sunset.

Follow my Daveland updates on Twitter and view my most recent photos on Flickr.

See more Daveland Disneyland Frontierland Depot photos at my main website.


K. Martinez said...

Now I know why I don't remember the original Frontierland Station. It was removed before my first visit in 1963.

The December 1962 image is a beauty. You can see the depot from a distance without too many trees in the way, thus making it possible to appreciate its architectural design and presence in the area. Thanks, Dave.

JG said...

That little building is a gem. The detail and proportion is just spot-on.

I admire it from a distance, never having the courage to run across the tracks to see it close up.

I content myself with admiring the woodwork of the shelter that replaced it, which is also very fine.