Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Disneyland, Summer of '63: Frontierland

A few more from my batch of Summer 1963 black and white Disneyland images. Today, we take a visit to Tom Sawyer's Island in Frontierland. Care to journey across the Rivers of America on a raft? This water craft takes skill; no cheating on a track with this one!

LOVE the expressions on the faces of these two little boys; they are having the time of their lives exploring Fort Wilderness:

A pensive shot of the little boy; possibly on the way to a meltdown from too much excitement?

Back in business again, he excitedly tours Tom's tree house:

Follow my Daveland updates on Twitter and view my most recent photos on Flickr. See more vintage Disneyland Tom Sawyer Island photos on my main website.


MRaymond said...

Notice the guardrails (or lack thereof). I remember being afraid of climbing the tree house even after the netting was installed, but I did anyway because it was cool.

K. Martinez said...

The kid with the close-crop hair cut is a hoot. He was the one in yesterday's post sticking his arm out of the Dumbo ride vehicle.

Love the packed raft image. The Summer '63 b&w photos have been awesome. Thanks, Dave.

Major Pepperidge said...

I now know that my life has been lacking a paisley shirt with matching paisley pants.

Connie Moreno said...

Fort Wilderness!!!