Friday, March 01, 2013

Disneyland Trip Report: Fantasyland Dark Rides, Pt. 3



Although the lines are typically short, Snow White's Scary Adventures ranks a close second to Peter Pan's Flight as one of my favorite Fantasyland Dark rides. I love the ominous presence of the Evil Queen at the entrance:



This little tableau inside the queue has so many cool details, including an animated bird shadow:





Is this income taxable?



Don't even THINK about causing a raucous in your Dwarf Mine Car!



This reminds me; I have laundry and housekeeping to do.













The atmosphere is light and festive inside the Dwarf's Cottage:











Somebody needs to file a restraining order:



Lots of bedazzling in the Dwarf's Mine:







A simple yet effective trick for the transformation of the Evil Queen into the Old Crone:





This guy definitely has an acid tongue:





LOVE the little skull on the apple!



The scary forest; the main reason not to take tiny tots on this attraction:



Care for an apple, dearie? That damn hologram will leave you hungry every time.



Racing after the Evil Queen/Old Crone in the storm:







Here she is, just before she plunges downward for the big finish:



Surely this Happily Ever After doesn't apply to the Evil Queen:



The Happy Ending is represented by this two-dimensional artwork, a throwback to the original Fantasyland murals:



Venture with me tomorrow to New Orleans Square!

See more vintage & current Disneyland Fantasyland photos on my Fantasyland web page.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I love that this ride has so many creepy elements... it is still one of my favorites. Beautiful pics as always.

K. Martinez said...

I remember in 1983 when first riding the redesigned dark rides in the New Fantasyland, that acid tongue effect impressed me so much. I think the opening of New Fantasyland was when Disneyland peaked for me. Great wrap-up of the dark ride classics. Thanks for posting these.

Connie Moreno said...

Your photos allow people to see so many details!!