Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend in Palm Springs, Pt. 3



Anyone who reads my trip reports know that they are laden with gastronomic tales, as indulgent eating is one of my very favorite guilty pleasures. Today's final Palm Springs installment is no exception.



Across the street from The Villa Royale Inn is The Ace Hotel & Swim Club. Mainly for young hipsters and late-night revelers, the 180 room hotel, spa & resort is on the grounds of a renovated mid-century modern motel. The property's restaurant, King's Highway, was once an old Denny’s. We ate breakfast there one day and filled up the ol' belly with a date shake:



and ricotta hotcakes with bananas and maple crunch butter:



Good thing I had run 13 miles previous to my carb-laden breakfast.

The next day, breakfast was at Cheeky's:



A flight of bacon was one of the creative offerings:



My main course was piƱa colada waffles. They were absolutely delicious.



For special occasions, I would recommend Le Vallauris:



Located in the historic George B. Roberson House built in 1927, the food, service, and lush garden-like patio are superb.





See more Palm Springs Ace Hotel photos on my Ace Hotel web page.

4 comments:

K. Martinez said...

Mmmmmm! That food looks mighty delicious. I'm hungry now!

Snow White Archive said...

Date shake! Sweeeeet!

Connie Moreno said...

Dude, you know how to eat!!

Janey said...

I'm heading to Palm Springs in March! These posts are just in time!

-Janey