Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Snow White Boulder, 1983



The beloved Snow White dark ride in Fantasyland got a makeover during the massive remodel of the entire land in 1983. This publicity photo was accompanied by this blurb:

ROCK ABOUT TO ROLL—The Wicked Witch appears to have finally won out as she prepares to roll a massive boulder down on the trapped seven dwarfs. The scene from "Snow White's Scary Adventures" ends happily for the dwarfs, however, when the faraway cry of the witch indicates that a bolt of lightning has caused her to fall from the cliff.

Here's how the same scene looks today:





Follow my Daveland updates on Twitter and view my most recent photos on Flickr. See more vintage and current Disneyland Snow White's Scary Adventure photos on my Snow White web page.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I can almost hear the Witch's scream as the lightning bolt sealed her doom!

Anonymous said...

That scene scared the cr@p out of me when young.

JG

Rich T. said...

I like the digital rain effects they recently added to that scene. Subtle, but cool.

If only the ride didn't end *quite* so abruptly two seconds later...:)