Thursday, October 04, 2012

Disneyland, March 1975, Pt. 2



From the wilds of Adventureland to the sun-drenched porch of Frontierland's Golden Horseshoe Saloon. Our March 1975 photographer got around. Apparently his group was winding their way back to the hub to figure out the next destination of the day.



Zooming in, you can see some more crazy 70's fashion. Wonder where this guy's photos ended up? Love that polyester suit that his lovely lady is modeling for him.



small world looks rather...well, it looks kind of large to me.



Sorry folks. That's it for Fantasyland for today. Back at the hub, the group ventures back to Frontierland.



Hopefully you won't mind a quick spin around the Rivers of America on the Mark Twain.



Canoeing and Cascade Peak on a sunny afternoon. Live just doesn't get better.



A faux Indian Village, which would have to do, since the real one had left 4 years before.



Faux or not, I've always thought this Indian Burial ground was a nice (albeit creepy) touch.



Still more 70's magic tomorrow! See more vintage and current Disneyland photos on my Disneyland web pages.

3 comments:

Rich T. said...

That shot of the Mark Twain just became a favorite!

A Cast Member once stumped me by asking how many graveyards were in Disneyland. I lost -- I completely forgot about the Indian burial ground! Even though it's completely fake, I always seem to get respectfully quiet while passing it!

Daveland said...

Sadly, I believe it is no longer there.

K. Martinez said...

I can feel the warmth of the sun in the Golden Horseshoe pic.

The Indian Burial ground was great. I loved those raw life dislays that Frontierland used to have.