Friday, August 24, 2012

Disneyland June 1966, Pt. 2



The second half of my June 1966 series starts off with a lovely shot of the Rivers of America, including Tom Sawyer's Island. The plaid family must have journeyed over to the Island, as this shot of the Treehouse would attest to. Little plaid boy is having a blast climbing up the steps.



Mrs. Plaid is snooping around the inside of Fort Wilderness:



Meanwhile, I'm snooping into the Escape Tunnel with this zoom shot:



Based on the location of this shot in the batch, I am going to guess that the water on the right is from Cascade Peak, as the Mine Train from Nature's Wonderland chugs by it.



Just a few of the critters you see along your journey on the Mine Train:



A few of the Living Desert area:





The perfect ending to this series is a shot of the Plaid family in front of the Castle:



See more vintage and current Disneyland photos on my Disneyland photo web pages.

5 comments:

K. Martinez said...

I always love an "inside Fort Wilderness" pic.

Yes, that photo was taken aboard the Mine Train soon to be passing by the backside of water from Cascade Peak. I still remember the Mine Train ride very well.

PsySocDisney said...

What an adorable family. Great Nature's Wonderland shots. I love that unique Cascade Peak view, but the Living Desert is my favorite part... probably because I'm from the desert haha.

Darryl said...

Great hat the boy on the left side of the castle picture is wearing...you can just see the tip of a second feather of his friends...and is that yet another feather cap in the background seen just under the blue hat ladies brim?

Major Pepperidge said...

I always like photos when there is plenty of sunshine. It adds so much to the general feeling. Love the Nature's Wonderland shots.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures.

I hope they had a good time.

I wonder where they are now.

Thank you Dave.

JG